Thursday 7 June 2012

Espresso Brownie Pudding

I love espresso coffee! I also love dessert. What would happen if you put the two together? Wouldn't that be good! Then what would happen if you added chocolate? Oh, it could only make it better! I know, let's make an espresso chocolate pudding and pair it with an espresso chocolate brownie. It just might be heaven on earth! This is my recipe for espresso brownie pudding. I think that you'll fall in love!

Preheat oven to 350 degree's

For the espresso brownie batter combine the following:

1/2 cup flour 1/4 cup sugar 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder 3/4 teaspoon baking powder 1/8 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon vanilla 2 tablespoon oil 2 tablespoons Half and Half 2 tablespoons prepared espresso coffee, If you don't have an espresso coffee maker you can prepare instant espresso coffee according to directions. (See note* below.) 1/4 cup slivered almonds Stir until smooth and transfer batter into a 1 quart baking dish. I prefer to use a 3- cup Pyrex baking dish.
Ads by Google

For espresso chocolate pudding combine the following:

1/2 cup boiling water 1/4 cup prepared hot espresso coffee, (see note* below.) 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder 1/3 cup sugar Stir until thoroughly combined. Pour this liquid on top of the batter. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 25-28 minuets. or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Serve warm or ideally, rather hot straight out of the oven. Makes 4 servings. This recipe can easily be doubled and put into an 8 by 8 inch baking dish.

Note * When ever I make a pot of espresso coffee I always sweeten it with about 3 heaping teaspoons of sugar for a 4 serving pot of espresso. I use this sweetened espresso for this recipe, that way I get to enjoy sipping a little demitasse cup of espresso coffee as I'm making my dessert. Even if sipping espresso is not you cup of tea, so to speak, you should still sweeten the espresso accordingly for this recipe.

A miracle happens when you bake this. All the liquid sinks to the bottom and forms a creamy pudding. The batter rises to the top and forms a cake like brownie. Yum!

I like this dessert because I think it's kind of fancy. I think that any dessert that has espresso coffee in it automatically gives it kind of a snooty appeal. Recently, I made this dessert for some friends who are bona fide sophisticated city slicker's with high falutin' palate's. They love, love, loved it and gave it rave reviews! I hope that you will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment