Tuesday 31 July 2012

What Do You Do When You Can't Do Anymore?

 A wise little girl once said " The sun will come out tomorrow, you can bet you're your bottom dollar, that tomorrow…..Well you all know the rest. What an amazing little girl. How strange is it that this little girl, being of sound age, youth and futuristic hopes would have already been around the world and back. That's the world we live in folks. The struggles of life has no name on it.

    One thing that has always been a struggle for me was the fact that some are so privileged while others, like myself, lived a little orphan Reggie life. Yes, Having your utilities shut off, repo man looking for your car and your job screwing up on your checks can feel like the end of the ropes for some, but the question still stands, How much is to much? How many of you can relate? Some don't have to struggle financially; Some don't even have to work; Oh and you cant even forget the "trust fund babies".  No, this is no "woe was me" article, but it does feel good to get this off our chests sometimes! 

    Sometimes crap happens and that's just the way it is. The one thing that we can rest peacefully on is "Good Things Happen To Good People". The other day as I glanced in the mirror, the words just somehow poured off my lips. I repeated it all day long and am going to keep saying it. My mother once told me that when we hurt and struggle for the basic things in life, it will make us appreciate the value of life much further than someone who has no definition. Even though I may be young, I have seen some of my peers live feverously and have no care in the world, all while I worked for every dollar to my name. So consider it just that- we are in our defining moments that will lead our ability to overcome certain obstacles. The appreciation for life has sky rocketed in my life further than a lot of my peers.

    What a great feeling it is to know that you can bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there'll be sun! For those of you who are reading this and may be wondering "Is this guy loosing his mind"? I absolutely am! I am loosing that feeling of not knowing what to do and being jaded and confused. The more I live, the more I'm learning the value "to stick out my chin and grin and saaaaayyyyy"….sing the song with me now, or hum..it's your choice.

So, What do you do when you can't do anymore?

The truth is: You can! As Little orphan Annie said, "You gotta hang on till tomorrow." Tomorrow still has hope in it. Don't count it out before it gets here. Positivity goes a long way and without it, well who wants to live in negativity forever? I sure as heck don't. I pray that those of you reading this wont either. Tomorrow will be what you make it so I dare you to make it better than today was!

No comments:

Post a Comment