Sunday 15 July 2012

Give yourself some quality time:


In this new technological era where the world and everything in it is moving almost faster than time, we all tend to neglect ourselves just to catch up with whatever is going on in our lives. Indeed time seems to be against man.

When I look at my clock at 5.00 a.m. every morning, before I know it, it is already 12.00 p.m. If I don't begin my day as early as 5.00 a.m., I find myself struggling to complete the tasks on my daily plan as late as 10.00p.m. And this is a problem. By the end of the week, If I don't create time to take care of myself, I feel warn out, stressed and out of balance. With that in mind, I have included taking care of myself as a prioritized task on my daily plan schedule.

There are so many things that one can do to give him/herself some elite time. This may include; exercise, Yoga, getting massages, taking long bubble of salt baths, getting facial treatments, meditation, pedicures / manicures, taking a walk in the park, going to the beach, taking a nap during day, or just laying down and doing nothing. Whatever you can do to relax, will rejuvenate and prepare you to take on your daily tasks with enthusiasm and focus.


Most people put off giving themselves quality time because they regard this as wasting money. They spend on all other things out of themselves such as, shopping for more clothes, shoes, and new cars etc; which apparently are more expensive than a good 60 minute massage that has more mind-body related benefits than a new pair of shoes for instance. I guess it also has a lot to do with belief systems and general upbringing.

Regardless of what your story is, remember that you are the most important resource for all your projects. Your well-being and a positive stress-free mind are paramount to achieving your goals. Despite your busy schedule, if you fail to take good care of yourself, you may end up losing a lot of days in bed with exhaustion, if not illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment